- Donation: any asset, including any monetary amount, gifted by a Donor to The Ocean Cleanup, by means of electronic authorisation through the website of The Ocean Cleanup or otherwise.
- Donor: a natural or legal person who donates, has donated or will donate a Donation to The Ocean Cleanup.
- Goal: The Ocean Cleanup is committed to developing technologies for the removal of plastic pollution from the seas and oceans.
- The Ocean Cleanup: The Ocean Cleanup, a foundation (stichting) established under the laws of the Netherlands with its seat in The Hague and registered office at Batavierenstraat 15, 4-7th floor, 3014 JH Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to every Donation.
- By making a Donation, the Donor agrees with these General Terms and Conditions.
- The Ocean Cleanup uses the personal data of each Donor to process its Donation. The Privacy and Cookie Notice of The Ocean Cleanup applies to the processing of this personal data by The Ocean Cleanup.
- By making a Donation, a Donor agrees that The Ocean Cleanup and any and all (future) subsidiaries and/or affiliates of The Ocean Cleanup are entitled to use a Donation at their own discretion, within the scope of the Goal and the articles of association of The Ocean Cleanup.
- A Donation is irrevocable.
- Recurring donations can be cancelled upon request by the Donor, by contacting us through our website.
- The Ocean Cleanup will provide any Donor with a donation certificate upon request by the Donor.
- The district court of Amsterdam has exclusive jurisdiction to judge all disputes which arise between The Ocean Cleanup and a Donor concerning a Donation.
- Dutch law applies to a Donation and these general terms and conditions.
Thank you for supporting The Ocean Cleanup and helping us to rid the oceans of plastic. If you have any questions or requests regarding a Donation please do not hesitate to contact us. The Ocean Cleanup will do its utmost best to handle any questions or requests in a satisfactory manner.