Cleaning up 90% of floating ocean plastic pollution by 2040
With your help, we can work towards a future where plastic no longer pollutes our oceans. This is possible by cleaning up what is already out there, and stopping plastic on its way to the ocean via rivers. We are currently cleaning up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, as well as working on more river Interceptor deployments in some of the world’s most polluted rivers.
Highlights resulted from donor support
- Confirmed proof-of-technology for our ocean cleanup technology in October 2021, and cleaning the Great Pacific Garbage Patch since
- Deployed 14 river Interceptors in 7 countries, with many more in the pipeline
- Published over 50 peer-reviewed articles, leading in the field of ocean and river plastic pollution science
- Grew from a team of volunteers to over 130 employees – building on a strong foundation for scale-up in oceans and rivers around the world.
- Removed over 8 million kilograms (17.7 million pounds) of trash from the environment
FAQs and Other Ways To Help
Give By Bank Transfer Or Check
We also accept donations via check or wire/bank transfer.
Tax Deductability Of Your Donation
Donors can give to two different charities, one in the Netherlands and the other in US.
Raise Funds For Cleaner Oceans
Rally your network to raise funds towards The Ocean Cleanup mission.
Making Large Donations
As philanthropists and corporations, you’re welcome if you would like to donate to make a large in-kind or monetary contribution.