We aim to clean up 90% of floating ocean plastic pollution by 2040
With the support of individuals, corporations, and governments all over the world, we will work towards a future where plastic no longer pollutes our oceans. We do this by cleaning up what is already out there, and stopping plastic on its way to the ocean via rivers. We are currently cleaning up in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, as well as working on more river Interceptor deployments in some of the world’s most polluted rivers.
Highlights resulted from donor support
- Confirmed proof-of-technology for our ocean cleanup technology in October 2021
- Launched 10 river Interceptors in 6 countries, with many more in the pipeline
- Published over 20 peer-reviewed articles to enhance the global plastic pollution knowledge
- Grew from a team of volunteers to over 130 employees – building on a strong foundation for scale-up in oceans and rivers around the world.
- Removed over 2 million kilograms (5 million pounds) of trash from the environment
A word from the crew
See what some of the people behind The Ocean Cleanup are working on. As a supporter, you help us work towards cleaner oceans every day.
Other ways to help
Give by bank transfer or check
We also accept donations via check or wire/bank transfer.
Tax deductability of your donation
We are registered as a non-profit organization in the Netherlands and the United States.
Raise funds for cleaner oceans
Rally your network to raise funds towards The Ocean Cleanup mission.
Making large donations
We welcome philanthropists and corporations that would like to donate to make a large in-kind or monetary contribution.