CLOSING DATE: 1 December 2023
STARTING DATE: ASAP
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop and scale technologies to rid the ocean of plastic. At the People & Organization Team, our job is to enable our people in a way that they can do their best work together to achieve the mission successfully and to ensure that our people thrive while doing so.
We want to welcome someone passionate about scaling up People Experience and eager to take this unique opportunity to bring the office environment and people experience to the next level.” Mariska van Ijzerloo, People & Organization Director a.i.
To support our growing organization, we are looking for a passionate, proactive, and resourceful Office Manager, who will oversee and run our facilities, manage our office smoothly, and provide the best experience to our crew members.
You prioritize, adapt, and find energy in managing various tasks while continuously looking for ways to improve – not shying away from any challenge.
You add value through the following responsibilities:
- Be the ambassador to The Ocean Cleanup
- Support in welcoming crew members into our organization and helping build the internal connections and community, coordinating with the People & Organization team, overseeing and coordinating gifts and goodies
- Execution of the unique employee benefits, including (but not limited to): drinks/snacks, lunch coordination and groceries, managing the electric car fleet and office supplies stock management
- Various admin support tasks, such as collaboration with our Executive Assistants, Travel Manager and Health and Safey Coordinator
- Support in organizing (team) events, internal/external meetings, recruitment interviews, and (teams) offsites, moments to connect.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to enhance our office experience, creating and maintaining a smooth and safe workspace
- Create and maintain a smooth and safe workspace and employee experience
- Implementation of ad hoc projects such as managing any required office refurbishments, maintaining a continuous safe office environment
- Degree in Business Administration, Office Management, Event Management, Hotel Management or Hospitality
- At least 3 years of experience in a support/client-facing role within a dynamic and international organization
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Dutch is a plus.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Environment
- Work experience at a scale-up is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Accurate and structured way of working and an eye for detail
- Resilient and capable of prioritizing tasks, in a fast-paced organization, with a hands-on mentality
- Self-starter with a service mindset, drive for improvement
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
- A valid European Union work permit is highly preferred for this position.
- Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
- Starting date ASAP/November 2023 preferred