Thank you for your interest in The Ocean Cleanup and wanting to help solve the plastic pollution problem!
There are several steps you can take to prevent plastic pollution, but some depend on recycling facilities in your area. Here are a few tips:
- Organize beach, river bank or land cleanups (you might also be able to find Facebook groups for established initiatives in your area)
- Reduce your use of disposable plastics (use a reusable water bottle, use a reusable grocery bag, get into some ‘do it yourself projects’ to reduce packaging, etc.)
- Make sure you dispose of trash properly
- Reuse and recycle whenever possible
- Wash your synthetic clothing as little as possible and use microfiber absorbers when you do
- Register for early access to the first product made of verified ocean plastic.
- Support us financially with a donation
- Join the The Ocean Cleanup team
- Lobby to your (local) government
- Simply share The Ocean Cleanup’s mission through word of mouth or over social media with your network
- Tag @theoceancleanup to share your individual efforts against plastic pollution
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser for The Ocean Cleanup on your profile to get your friends and family involved
- Donate your KLM Flying Blue miles, to help enable our team to be where they need to be to further our mission
Thanks again for your offer to help – we really appreciate it!