MISSION TO METRICS
In our mission to rid the world's oceans of plastic, we rely on a thorough understanding of the ocean plastic pollution problem. The research team at The Ocean Cleanup aims to refine our understanding of the sources, transport, and fate of ocean plastics. Our scientific findings help steer the organization's strategy to maximize our impact. We work in a multidisciplinary team, including field and lab scientists, numerical modelers, geospatial analysts, and remote sensing experts. We conduct observational missions in various oceans and rivers worldwide. The Research Program Coordinator helps the team manage the projects, including budget control and planning and takes on administrative and organizational tasks to facilitate the Research team.
"The Research Program Coordinator plays a crucial role in our research team, supporting every member with planning, budget, and communications. I look forward to welcoming a curious and committed coordinator willing to become an essential crew member linking our team of scientists and the rest of the organization." - Laurent Lebreton, Head of Research.
Your responsibilities include:
- Program coordination: monitor budgets and timelines of individual projects, keeping an eye on workload balance in the team.
- Preparatory work includes communication with all stakeholders (internal and external), material orders, planning of personnel and logistics, and design of work procedures.
- Office management support: administer efficient working habits (support knowledge-sharing, document control), place the right people in the right spots (support travel preparation, contact with suppliers, etc.), and maintain a happy and effective working atmosphere.
- Ensuring that all work methods meet required quality and legal standards and are based on a safe and environmentally-sound design approach.
- Prepare and follow up on periodic research team meetings.
- Be the first point of contact for, and continuously support, the Research team lead.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in program coordinating roles, preferably in a scientific research environment.
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Experience with planning and/or project management
- Internationally oriented
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Salesforce, MS Office, and general office tools
- Affinity with technical and scientific aspects of our mission
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, structured
- An emphatic people person who can sense a team's obstacles and happenings
- Service-minded and team player
- You feel comfortable working in a multidisciplinary, international team
- Willing to travel abroad
- Good communication skills
- Above all, you are intrinsically motivated to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal.
As soon as possible
WORK PERMIT NEEDED