- Posted: 11 July 2022
- Closing date: 10 December 2022
MISSION TO METRICS
We believe that you can only solve a problem if you understand all aspects of it. Therefore, we are looking for a Waste Manager a.i. with a background in waste management who can build our knowledge base and strategies on waste management while assisting in the project management of some of our pilot projects.
In order to achieve our mission to rid the world’s oceans of plastic, we need to manage the waste we collect through our systems in a responsible way. The Waste Manager will have realized this once efficient waste management has been successfully established in the locations where we operate.
“We are looking for an experienced Waste Manager consultant who will, on an interim basis, continue to finetune our approach, and support the more junior waste managers with enthusiasm and energy!” – Stella van den Berg, Director Catch Management
- Leading the overall approach for waste management for River projects
- Continuous improvement of the process + deliverables in projects
- Building knowledge & network in waste management (knowledge management, KOLs, organizations, technologies, etc.)
- Guiding the junior waste reps in projects
- 5 years of working experience in a role related to waste management, -handling, -research, -policy or similar
- Relevant experience in project management
- A Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant field (environmental sciences, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering or civil engineering)
- Experience working in emerging markets (Asia, Central America, Africa)
- You are a self-starter with an analytical approach to problem-solving
- You have excellent communication and social skills including a strong cultural awareness and ability to communicate on all levels
- You are curious and willing to travel abroad for site visits on a regular basis
- You have a strong command of the English language, verbal and written
- You are not afraid of a bit of a smelly work environment and dirty boots
- You are intrinsically motivated to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please mention the potential start date in your application and note that this is a temporary role, with an initial duration of 3 months.
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union