- Posted: 08 September 2023
- Closing date: 14 October 2023
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. To do so, we need to ensure the required funds and support for our operations. Once the plastic pollution has been extracted from the ocean, we aim to recycle it following our waste management policy.
The Product Manager works with our Product Partners to give The Ocean Cleanup ocean plastic a second life. The Product Manager ensures these products are being developed according to The Ocean Cleanup’s Product Principles. The goal is to raise funding and awareness for our mission.
“A key objective of the Catch Management team is to show the world that value can be created from ocean plastic. I am looking for an interim Sr. Product Manager who can bring our mission to life by repurposing The Ocean Cleanup plastic in co-branded products!” - Stella van den Berg, Catch Management Director
- Manage the product roadmap by co-driving the partnership funnel together with the Partnerships team and organizing the enablers for success with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage product development projects with suppliers and co-development partners;
- Review and articulate the Product Vision and Strategy and be the expert in Ocean Plastic products;
- Communicate our vision to internal and external stakeholders;
- Review and keep The Ocean Cleanup Product Principles updated;
- Reflect and implement lessons learned to optimize our ways of working;
- For this assignment, you will work with our team normally based in the office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- A Masters degree in Industrial Product Development, Industrial Product Design or similar;
- At minimum 8 years relevant work experience in product management, including:
- Experience in the development of products made with plastic as the main material;
- Experience in working with suppliers and co-development partners;
- Experience in working with sustainability product claims;
- Familiar with working in the Lean start-up approach.
- Ability to drive structure and develop processes in an organization that is developing it’s approach to co-branded product development;
- Result-driven and self-motivated;
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions.
- An excellent communicator, verbally and on paper, with experience in working in an international context.
- You can perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment;
- And above all, an intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission.
Please mention the potential start date in your application.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union