- Posted: 18 December 2019
- Closing date: 17 March 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
The Ocean Cleanup was practically born on social media, and these channels still play a very important role in our connection to the outside world. We are highly dependent on the support of our community that primarily establishes itself on social media. As the Social Media Manager, your role is to manage The Ocean Cleanup’s presence across all our channels.
“Communications as a discipline has a unique and central role at The Ocean Cleanup. Our main task is to oversee the day-to-day management of one of our most important assets: our brand; an attractive promise that is driving funding and buy-in from stakeholders globally. We are looking for top talent to join us in the exciting work to continuously uphold and improve our image. Professional warning: some level of craziness may be required!”– Joost Dubois, Head of Communications.
As part of the Communications team, you will work alongside our Creative, Community and Stakeholder Manager to execute our strategy on social media. Furthermore, you will improve this strategy based on the specific values of the different social media platforms.
You will be responsible for managing our social media content calendar as well as the connected workflows. You will schedule and post (and sometimes create) content and will, together with our creative team, develop and continue to improve our content-strategy based on the way our audience responds. Furthermore, you have a background in image-making and editing and are able to quickly deliver high-quality visual content if needed.
- At least 3-year’ experience in social media management, social media advertising, customer relationship management & Content Management tools
- At least 3-year’ experience in visual content creation
- (Near-) native English language skills (including written). Other language skills are a plus
- Strategic mind and a ‘gets stuff done’ attitude
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Decision-maker that is able to adapt and quickly rethink strategy in the heat of the moment
- Great management (& people) skills
- Social Media advertising campaign experience.
- Well acquainted with the ins and outs of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin & YouTube
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Indesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in developing a creative workflow for Social Media content
- Experience working closely with or as part of PR teams
- Able to involve and work with social media agencies
- Able to sell our mission
- Works efficiently and independently
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- 1 February 2020
- Work permit needed:
- European Union