- Posted: 10 June 2019
- Closing date: 08 September 2019
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic.
In order to do so, we need to ensure the required funds and support for our operations. Using plastic in products will help to fund our operations
You contribute by being responsible for:
- Efficient preparation of Quality Management system
- Ensuring material compliance with applicable regulations
- Successful implementing chain of custody transparency for the material used in products.
You will have succeeded when we can use ocean plastic material in products following the best health and safety practices, with a transparent chain of custody throughout the ocean plastic supply chain process.
“We’re on a magnificent journey: cleaning up the Oceans from plastic, transform garbage into unique products, keep on cleaning up the Oceans. It’s like being on a sailing boat, building the boat while sailing, with a smile on our face. I would like to welcome a Quality Environment Safety Health specialist in our crew to help us develop and implement a quality and traceability management system, working together with our partners, having in mind our beloved followers. Looking forward to working with an energetic, knowledgeable self-starter who will help bring The Ocean Cleanup into the next phase. Hurry up, the boat is leaving the harbour soon!” Leonardo Avezzano, Head of Valorization
- Managing the implementation and activation of supply chain transparency for the ocean plastic material handling and processing
- Develop and manage the required QMS for the materials, including recycling, material development, and application in products
- Ensure that the supply chain complies with high standards of environmental, health and safety practices and applicable regulations.
- Ensure consistency of material quality and safety with the required documentation for all the supply chain steps
- Excellent communication skills and solution providing work style
- Excellent understanding of chain of custody schemes
- Proven experience in role of developing quality management systems and abiding by high health and safety standards
- Knowledge of plastics and recycling processes and understanding of the industry
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree on relevant field for example environmental or chemical engineering or other
- +5 years of relevant experience
- Accuracy and savviness
- Result-driven and self-motivated, also in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Creating quality awareness in a start-up environment
- Comfortable working independently
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union