- Posted: 06 April 2021
- Closing date: 05 July 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. To do so, we design, develop, and deploy cleanup systems to stop plastic from reaching our oceans by intercepting it in rivers. The Ocean Cleanup aims to make these deployments circular by sorting and recycling the catch. You will unlock sorting and recycling opportunities for upcoming deployments.
“The best part of working at The Ocean Cleanup is that you’re continuously making an impact and working towards a better world. This role is focused on one goal: cleaner oceans – by creating new deployment opportunities for extraction solutions across the globe with partners. This unique role allows you to combine professional qualifications with a purposeful job.” – Eline Spek, Head of Operations Rivers.
This role is for at least 6 months, with an outlook on a more permanent position, therefor being based in the Netherlands is a bonus
The Rivers team is scaling up the deployments of technology to intercept plastic before it reaches the ocean. As Project Manager Sorting & Recycling, you are responsible for strategizing and implementing sorting and recycling opportunities across the globe – together with the current The Ocean Cleanup members and external partners. Building on strong public and private partnerships, your project team will enable the fast scale-up of projects. As Project Manager, you will create and maintain an overview of all projects and ensure progress with our partner.
Your responsibilities include:
- Strategy formulation for sorting and recycling activities across the globe
- Coordination and execution of sorting and recycling projects
- External interface on sorting and recycling
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in plastic recycling projects
- Proven experience in project management and financial modeling of business cases
- Academic level thinking and communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead a pipeline of opportunities from ideation to successful delivery
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese, or any Asian language is preferred
- Relevant international experience (preferably Asia, Latin-America, Africa is preferred)
- Proven track record in creating/managing planning and budget control
- Relevant experience in working with external partners and managing contracts in vastly different countries
- You are a realist, perhaps a bit on the ‘glass-half-full’ side, but you’re more into mitigating risks than thinking all will be well
- You have excellent listening/communication skills
- You realize that a certain amount of groundwork (document control, chasing people for planning updates, administrative task et cetera) is part of the job and project success
- You are able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Willing to travel abroad
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union