- Posted: 10 February 2020
- Closing date: 10 May 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. In order to do so, we need to design, develop, and deploy offshore cleanup systems that extract plastic out of our oceans. You will be responsible for solving engineering challenges to develop a technology able to fully capture, retain, and extract plastic, as well as driving system component scopes from conception to execution.
"The Ocean Cleanup is a technology driven project that is making an impact by doing. We have a strong passion for clean oceans and love challenging the status quo. We are looking for an innovative Project Engineer who can come up with brilliant concepts and ideas. A unique opportunity to make a difference for a better planet and to put your skills to good use!” Henk van Dalen, Director Oceans
- Using your engineering skills to develop creative concepts to develop/ improve our technology to capture, retain, and extract plastic.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned scopes from conception to execution.
- Developing scope of work and requirements for the components.
- Monitor progress and ensure quality of the components being produced.
- Establishing test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, performance standards, and specifications.
- Cooperating and communicating with the Engineering manager and other project participants, and collaborating with discipline Engineers.
- Coordinating with contractor to ensure project deliverables meet their milestones on time, and within budget and resources.
- Make use of reporting and planning structures and phases.
- Report on areas for improvement, hurdles or challenges, and propose remedial action where needed.
- Master’s degree in mechanical, structural, maritime or offshore engineering is preferred
- Around 5 years of working experience in engineering and/or project execution roles
- Experience in guiding contractors during manufacturing processes, in a relevant technical sector, preferably maritime
- Proven experience in planning, coordinating work scopes, and thorough understanding of how to achieve high quality products on time and within budget
- (Maritime) engineering background with knowledge of hydrodynamics and structural engineering
- Fluent in English
- A well-organized and structured approach to organizing, planning, and budgeting
- Pragmatic with a ”hands on” mentality to get things done
- Takes ownership
- Keen eye for potential risks and dedication to addressing them
- Driven, curious ,and solutions-oriented
- Strong communicator and good team player, but also able to work independently
- You are intrinsically motivated to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union