- Interviews started
- Posted: 14 October 2019
- Closing date: 12 January 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. You will be responsible for facilitating the smooth execution of all (sub)projects related to the research program. You will have succeeded when the research projects' milestones have been met on time.
“Our work environment is fast-paced and informal which allows you to take a lot of responsibility in your role. I would like to welcome a smart and pragmatic coordinator to be a part of our international research team; we look forward to having an energetic, knowledgeable self-starter who will help bring The Ocean Cleanup into the next phase of our project!” - Lonneke Holierhoek, COO
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support in all (sub)projects while meeting defined quality standards and milestones in a timely manner and ensuring effective coordination and communication with all internal stakeholders.
- Program and project coordination: monitor the progress and quality (alignment of deliverables with goals) of individual projects; report areas for improvement, problem areas, and propose remedial action where needed.
- Office management support: administer efficient working habits (support knowledge sharing, document control), get the right people in the right spots (support travel preparation, volunteer recruitment, guidance, etc.), maintaining a happy and completely safe working atmosphere.
- Juggling the oddball: step in where a task, responsibility, or colleague needs support; help maintain project alignment and scope (keep things on track) as a project conscience, especially regarding HSEQ issues; do what’s needed, what’s expected, and more. And, last but not least, have fun.
- Help to coordinate research grants and cooperation with other institutions.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in technology development and/or research projects, including field expeditions
- Familiar with an academic setting, comfortable collaborating with scientists and engineers
- Fluent in English
- Technical and scientific affinity
- Proficient with MS Office, Sharepoint, Salesforce, ERP and finance systems
- Gets things done
- Accuracy and savviness
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, well-grounded
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary, international team
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.