- Posted: 10 December 2020
- Closing date: 06 May 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. In order to do so, we need to ensure that we have secured the required funds and support for our operations. This past fall, The Ocean Cleanup launched the first product ever made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, using the plastic we have caught during our System 001/B campaign. The Valorization team is responsible for bringing this and the next products to the market, with the objective to create value from the plastic catch to fund the continuation of the cleanup. We follow a three-step approach: garbage to material, material to product, and product to market.
“A key objective of the Valorization team is to show the world that there is value in this ocean plastic. By developing products, we give our supporters an opportunity to take ocean cleaning into their own hands!” - Stella van den Berg, Product Manager
- Manage the go-to-market of The Ocean Cleanup sunglasses. This includes marketing, sales, fulfillment, and customer care.
- Develop and deliver on the marketing activation plan by translating the objectives and KPIs into initiatives. You will work with the Communications team to execute the plan.
- Achieve the commercial objectives of The Ocean Cleanup’s webshop. You will work with the E-Commerce manager to optimize this channel.
- Managing product fulfillment: You will work with our current fulfillment partner for the sunglasses to ensure a smooth process to get the sunglasses in the hands of our supporters.
- Enable smooth execution of customer care: you are the back office to help out supporters who have questions. This includes the development of the support documentation and training.
- In this role, you will work with our team at the office in Rotterdam but now mostly working from home as per COVID-19 regulations.
- Please note that this is a temporary role, with an initial duration of 6 months.
- A master's degree in business or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years experience in product marketing (B2C)
- Experience in online sales and marketing
- Experience in new product introductions
- Familiar with working in the lean startup approach
- Able to drive structure and develop processes in an organization that is new to the direct B2C market
- Able to function as the central point for managing all aspects of go-to-market, working with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; able to use data and metrics to validate assumptions
- Performs well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- And above all: you have an intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please mention the potential start date in your application.
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast. Available on Spotify and all other podcast platforms.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union