- Interviews started
- Posted: 10 December 2020
- Closing date: 10 March 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. In order to do so, we need to ensure that we have secured the required funds and support for our operations. This past fall, The Ocean Cleanup launched the first product ever made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, using the plastic we have caught during our System 001/B campaign. The Valorization team is responsible for bringing this and the next products to the market, with the objective to create value from the plastic catch to fund the continuation of the cleanup. We follow a three-step approach: garbage to material, material to product, and product to market.
“A key objective of the Valorization team is to show the world that there is value in this ocean plastic. By developing products, we give our supporters an opportunity to take ocean cleaning into their own hands!” - Stella van den Berg, Product Manager
- Go-to-market strategy: Managing the direct B2C channel: The Ocean Cleanup’s webshop. You will define the objectives and requirements needed to be successful and then work with the Product Owner and IT architect to manage this channel. You will also develop and deliver on the marketing activation plan by defining the objectives and KPIs and translating these into initiatives. You will work with the Communications team to execute the plan. Lastly, you will define the optimal go-to-market strategy for new product launches.
- Managing product fulfillment: You will work with our current fulfillment partner for the sunglasses, define requirements, and manage execution for the next product launches.
- Customer care: defining and delivering on the customer care plan, including the development of the support documentation and training.
- In this role, you will work with our team who are normally based in the office in Rotterdam but now mostly working from home as per COVID-19 regulations.
- A master's degree in business or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in product marketing (B2C)
- Experience in online sales and marketing
- Experience in new product introductions
- Familiar with working in the lean startup approach
- Able to drive structure and develop processes in an organization that is new to the B2C market
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; able to use data and metrics to validate assumptions
- Performs well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- And above all: you have an intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please mention the potential start date in your application.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast. Available on Spotify and all other podcast platforms.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.