- Posted: 16 November 2021
- Closing date: 14 February 2022
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop and scale technologies to rid the oceans of plastic. To do so, we need to ensure that we have secured the required funds and support for our operations. The Ocean Cleanup launched the first product made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch in October 2020, using the plastic we caught during our System 001/B campaign. The Catch Management team is responsible for bringing our recycled plastic products to the market - creating value from the plastic catch to fund the continuation of the cleanup in accordance with our waste management policy. We follow a three-step approach: garbage to material, material to product, and product to market.
“A key objective of the Catch Management team is to show the world that there is value in the ocean plastic catch. By developing products, we show the world that the ocean plastic is not merely waste, and give our supporters an opportunity to take ocean cleaning into their own hands!” Stella van den Berg, Catch Management Director
- Manage the product roadmap for products made with recycled ocean plastic
- Together with partners, develop products with a viable business case based on market and consumer data and insights,
- Initiate and manage product development projects with suppliers and co-development partners
- Develop the product development process
- Help shape the product vision and strategy
- A Masters degree in Industrial Product Development, Industrial Product Design, or similar
- At minimum 5 years relevant work experience, with a focus on:
- Product management (business acumen, defining and managing product roadmaps, gathering customer insights)
- Working with suppliers and co-development partners
- Development of consumer products made from plastic
- Project management
- Understand the entire product management spectrum: market insights, value proposition creation, product development, and new product introduction.
- You are entrepreneurial and creative.
- You love working in a high energy, multi-disciplinary team
- You are a self-starter who can drive structure in an organization that is relatively new to consumer product development
- You are result-driven and self-motivated
- You have excellent analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions
- And above all: you have an intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please mention the potential start date in your application.
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union