- Posted: 06 April 2021
- Closing date: 05 July 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. To do so, we design, develop, and deploy cleanup systems to stop plastic from reaching our oceans by intercepting it in rivers. The Ocean Cleanup aims to achieve this mission by working with a select number of partners. You will unlock deployment opportunities as the primary owner of the ambitious Interceptor deployment agenda with a large partner.
“The best part of working at The Ocean Cleanup is that you’re continuously making an impact and working towards a better world. This role is focused on one goal: cleaner oceans – by creating new deployment opportunities for extraction solutions across the globe with partners. This unique role allows you to combine professional qualifications with a purposeful job.” – Ewout Eelkman Rooda, Director Rivers
This role is for at least 6 months, with an outlook on a more permanent position, therefor being based in the Netherlands is a bonus.
The Rivers team is scaling up the deployments of technology to intercept plastic before it reaches the ocean. As Partnership Execution Lead, you are responsible for high quality and timely river interception deployments across the globe – together with our partner. Building on strong public and private partnerships, your team will enable the fast scale-up of projects. As Partnership Execution Lead you will create and maintain an overview of all projects and ensure progress with our partner.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage contract execution of partnerships
- Coordinate the timely deployment of Interceptor deployments
- Ensure sufficient local funding for the deployments
- Play an active role in strategy formulation within partnerships
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience; in an international contract management role in a corporate setting
- Proven experience in project management
- Academic level thinking and communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead a pipeline of opportunities from ideation to successful delivery
- Fluent in English, other languages are helpful
- Leader and teambuilder
- Strong people skills
- Global citizen with a proven track record in international deal closing
- Results-driven, self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Willing to travel abroad
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union