- Posted: 06 April 2021
- Closing date: 05 July 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. To do so, we design, develop, and deploy cleanup systems to stop plastic from reaching our oceans by intercepting it in rivers. The Ocean Cleanup aims to achieve this mission by working with a selected number of partners. By supporting the Partnership Execution Lead you will unlock deployment opportunities for the ambitious Interceptor deployment agenda with a large partner.
“The best part of working at The Ocean Cleanup is that you’re continuously making an impact and working towards a better world. This role is focused on one goal: cleaner oceans – by creating new deployment opportunities for extraction solutions across the globe with partners. This role allows you to combine professional qualifications with a purposeful job.” – Ewout Eelkman Rooda, Director Rivers
This role is for at least 6 months, with an outlook on a more permanent position, therefor being based in the Netherlands is a bonus.
The Rivers team is scaling up the deployments of technology to intercept plastic before it reaches the ocean. As Partnership Execution Junior, you will maintain an overview of all river interception deployments across the globe within the partnership. Ultimately, you ensure timely, on-budget, and high-quality deployments.
Your responsibilities include:
- Facilitate effective partnership execution
- Coordinate the timely deployment of Interceptor deployments
- Improve internal processes & project management structures
- Project management groundwork: creating planning, managing budgets, document control et cetera
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in project management
- Proven experience in project management
- Academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Ability to manage and lead a pipeline of opportunities from ideation to successful delivery
- Fluent in English, other languages are helpful
- Proven track record in creating/managing planning and budget control
- Relevant experience in working with external partners and managing contracts
- You like to work with a team and coach them to do their best work
- Excellent listening/communication skills
- You realize that a certain amount of groundwork (document control, chasing people for planning updates, administrative task et cetera) is part of the job and project success
- You are able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Willing to travel abroad
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union