- Interviews started
- Posted: 09 October 2019
- Closing date: 07 January 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
In order to achieve our mission, we need to manufacture and install our solutions in many waters around the world. The Manufacturing Contract & Account Manager will have succeeded when we have developed strong and close partnerships with a network of key supply partners.
“We believe organizations are strongest when they focus on what they do best, so we prefer working with partners to bring our solutions to life. I would like to welcome a reliable, self-starting Manufacturing Contract & Account Manager who can help build lasting relationships with key manufacturing partners to realize our mission.” – Chris Worp, Director Extraction
We are hiring an experienced partnership manager to help build lasting relationships that provide win-wins for all involved. Given that plastic pollution is a global challenge, our partnerships are global by nature. One of the key areas within the responsibility of the candidate is to develop partnerships with manufacturers of our solutions to extract plastic from the water.
- Identifying and selecting the right partners for long-term collaboration towards cleaner oceans
- Negotiating and creating partnership agreements in cooperation with our general counsel, including performance metrics and incentives
- Managing and developing these partnerships, including monitoring against agreed performance indicators and issue resolution
- Interfacing between our team of engineers and our partners; working on continuous improvement of our technologies
- Help to prepare long-term forecasts to keep all parties aligned with demand
- Develop the role and function within the organization as required
- Create a base of relevant partners. Know the market for relevant technologies, products, components, suppliers. Evaluate suppliers on their suitability to contribute to our mission.
- Negotiate, manage, and develop network partners and stakeholders
- Develop the contract management function. Develop insights, skills, and procedures within the organization as required to deliver on our mission
- Support business development. Advise on future business and product development opportunities and their impact on our partners and strategies.
- 15 years of working experience, preferably in an international commercial role (contract management, strategic account management, procurement, business development/sales)
- Proven experience in selection, negotiation and managing global partnerships, including supervising work performed by international partners
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant industry-standard terms and conditions for projects (various types of purchase, technical license agreements, consultant services, Incoterms, and similar)
- Experience with engineering, manufacturing, documentation, and QESH aspects of mechanical & electrical systems
- Dispute resolution skills (in the broadest sense of the phrase)
- Excellent English-language skills, other languages are helpful
- A relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, and/or a technical background and experience in the engineering sector (e.g. offshore equipment, machine building, dredging, HDPE, or similar)
- You possess academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Experience and a network in Asia is preferred
- Global citizen and savvy deal-maker
- High cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Prefers long-term commitments over quick wins
- Flexible and not easily stressed
- You get stuff done; you are:
- Practical and results-orientated
- Methodical and structured
- Creative at problem-solving
- Willingness to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.