- Posted: 26 October 2019
- Closing date: 24 January 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
To successfully rid the world's oceans of plastic we need to also rapidly stop the inflow of plastic via rivers at a global scale. The Junior Business Developer Asia will have succeeded when we are initiating and following up on new projects and our river cleanup technology is making a significant impact on the influx of riverine plastics into the oceans.
“Working at The Ocean Cleanup means learning something new everyday. Within the Business Development team we are looking for an enthusiastic, Asian-minded junior business developer who wants to grow with us” Carlo Wesseling, Head of Business Development
Plastic pollution in our oceans is a global problem, and for The Ocean Cleanup to succeed in its mission, we need to address this globally and work with partners on the same scale. For this purpose, we are looking for a junior business developer with a focus on Asia.
- Together with the business development lead build a network with partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors.
- Doing country analysis (desk research) using quantitative and qualitative data. Draft maps of relevant stakeholders, screen funding landscape.
- Visit prospect countries and locations, predominantly in, but not limited to, Asia.
- Develop opportunities to ensure our ambitious plans and promises are realized.
- Coordination contract negotiations and set up and manage consortia in close coordination with The Ocean Cleanup Legal counsel.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of localized business models for the operation of Interceptors.
- Contribute to building a successful business team that powers a continued large scale expansion of The Ocean Cleanup’s solutions.
- University degree (Ba/Msc) in for example international relations, environmental sciences, business/public administration or any other field that made you a curious, independent and responsible professional
- Around 2-5 years of relevant working experience
- You have excellent English-language skills, other languages (Asian languages, French, Spanish) are helpful
- You have experience in or knowledge of Asia
- You can tick at least 2 of the following boxes:
- You have experience in project management
- Experience in a commercial or business development role
- Experience in international relations, government affairs or fund-raising
- Experience in a consulting or other problem-solving role
- You are interested in deepening knowledge of all parts of the River Cleanup value chain including the technology waste management
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Focused on getting a job done
- Skilled in visualizing data / presenting stuff well
- You like to work on different projects at the same time
- Result-driven and self-motivated
- Willing to travel abroad and on short notice
- Strong personal integrity
- You stay positive and constructive despite setbacks
- High cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union