- Interviews started
- Posted: 11 December 2020
- Closing date: 11 March 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. In order to do so, we need to ensure that we have the required funds and support to enable our operations. This internship will support the Valorization team in executing the strategy of creating products made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
“Development and marketing of products made of plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch requires creative and smart thinking. We are looking for an intern who can provide us with hands-on support as well as out of the box thinking. This will help us turn the pollution of yesterday into the cleanup of tomorrow.” - Stella van den Berg, Product Manager
This past fall, The Ocean Cleanup launched the first product ever made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, using the plastic we caught during our System 001/B campaign. With more plastic coming onshore in 2021, plans for the next round of products are in the making.
As an intern in the Valorization team, you will support the full spectrum of product development and marketing with hands-on tasks and sub-projects, which includes:
- Supporting the go-to-market of The Ocean Cleanup sunglasses by monitoring orders and delivery, supporting customer care activities, and performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of marketing effectiveness.
- Supporting the process from recycling to manufacturing by helping organize logistics and evaluating material samples.
- Support the preparation for the next recycled ocean plastic product by creating briefings for suppliers and performing market analysis.
For this assignment you will support our team for 5-6 months normally based in the office in Rotterdam, but who are now mostly working from home as per COVID-19 regulations.
- You are a bachelor's or master's student in industrial design engineering, business, or marketing
- You are interested in a practical internship that will give you hands-on experience with testing and reporting improvements
- An internship is a requirement for your studies, and you can provide a letter from your university to prove this
- Experience working with PowerPoint for making presentations, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a plus
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy
- Enjoy hands-on tasks and getting your hands dirty
- Strong command of English, verbal and written
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please mention the potential start date and preferred duration in your application.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.