- Interviews started
- Posted: 09 July 2020
- Closing date: 07 October 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technology to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. In order to do so, we need to ensure we obtain the required funds and support for our operations. This internship will support the Valorization (product development and product marketing) team launching The Ocean Cleanup's first branded product made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
“Launching the world’s first product made of plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is a project that requires creative and smart thinking. We are looking for an intern who can provide us with hands-on support as well as out-of-the-box thinking. With this support, we will be able to make this a great product that delivers on the goal of turning the pollution of yesterday into the cleanup of tomorrow.” - Stella van den Berg, Product Manager
This fall, The Ocean Cleanup aims to launch this premier product that is made from recycled plastic from the Great Pacific Garbage Patch; which was caught during our first Mission in the Pacific Ocean.
Plastic recycling, product development, and launch planning (including marketing, communications, and logistics) are running full steam ahead.
As an intern in the Valorization team, you will support the full spectrum of product management with hands-on tasks and sub-projects, which include:
- Development of the recycled plastic product: support the process from recycling to manufacturing. For example, helping to organize the logistics around the plastic recycling, evaluating product samples, translating requirements into briefings for suppliers.
- Development of the digital aspect of the product: work out user flows for the various features that meet the necessary requirements, create briefings for content creation, review implementation.
- Supporting the execution of the marketing plan: supporting consumer care activities, qualitative and quantitative analyses of marketing efficacy.
- Supporting the preparation of the launch event: logistical support such as organizing samples and products.
This is a three to four-month assignment; you will work with our team, normally based in our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, who are now primarily working from home according to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Presently working towards your bachelor's or master's degree in industrial design engineering, business, or marketing
- Interested in a practical internship that will give you hands-on experience with testing and reporting improvements
- An internship is a requirement for your studies, for which you can provide a letter from your university
- Experienced with PowerPoint for presentations, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a plus.
- Comfortable with a high level of autonomy
- Enjoys rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Strong command of English, verbal and written
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please mention the potential start date and preferred duration in your application.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.