- Interviews started
- Posted: 26 October 2022
- Closing date: 24 January 2023
MISSION TO METRICS
To rid the world's oceans of plastic, we rely on supporters from around the world to spread our message, donate, apply for a job opening, or partner with us. This mission is not one we can do alone, and in this role, you help us improve how we attract and retain these supporters through various digital touchpoints.
“Working in the Communications team of The Ocean Cleanup never has a dull moment. There are plenty of meaningful and challenging projects for you to get involved with to make a measurable impact. As The Ocean Cleanup is doing something new, we cannot only look at best practices from the market but also make our own path. The constant flow of new updates from all projects within The Ocean Cleanup ensures we never run out of things to share with our supporters.” – Erika Träskvik, Sr. Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Manager
As a digital marketing and communications intern, you will be involved in many new and ongoing projects to improve donor management, website experience, google ads, data analysis, newsletter strategy, and much more. You will support the Sr. Digital Marketing and Ecommerce Manager in executing these projects, getting valuable hands-on experience from a non-profit organization with a strong global following. The end goal is to have data-driven insights on how these different efforts impacted supporter numbers (conversion rate, churn rate, satisfaction score, etc.) and a recommendation on how to continue improving going further.
- Ongoing Bachelor/Master’s degree, preferably in fields such as marketing or communications
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience in digital communication and/or marketing is a big plus
- Experience with CRM- and CMS systems, Photoshop/InDesign, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, surveys, and/or social media advertisement are also a big plus but not a requirement
- Curious and eager to learn
- Great communicator and writer
- The ability to see things from the “customer’s” side
- Good negotiator: can align well with multiple stakeholders to get approval or input for projects
- Strategic and can zoom out to the bigger picture
- Can challenge the status quo, dare to look for improvement
- Action-oriented and driven to see your ideas come to life
Please note that candidates are required to be enrolled at a University throughout the duration of the internship. Please mention your possible start date and duration in the application, as well as what the assignment requirements are for your specific track.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.