- Posted: 02 March 2022
- Closing date: 30 June 2022
MISSION TO METRICS
The Ocean Cleanup’s mission is to develop and scale technologies to rid the oceans of plastic. To achieve this goal, our crew needs to be able to fully focus on their respective tasks and feel championed by the organization to do so. The HR Business Partner will be working with The Ocean Cleanup crew across all departments to help teams and employees grow and to ensure The Ocean Cleanup is a great place to work for everyone.
“Our team achieves results by being driven, innovative, collaborative, and trustworthy. The Ocean Cleanup’s HR Business Partner is energetic, passionate about their work, and focused on delivering positive change every day.” – Josee Meiners, HR & Facility Director.
This role is both hands-on and strategic and requires expertise in recruiting technical roles, HR data & analytics, employee relations, employee engagement, and ad hoc projects as necessary. You will be part of our small HR team (3 FTE) and report to the HR & Facility Director.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deliver both strategic and tactical HR support and programs to our managers and employees
- Partner effectively with our team managers to know what is happening in our teams and support in all recurring HR matters
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions
- Work with managers to develop effective organizational structures to drive organizational health
- Help build and serve high performing, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Build credibility and trust among employees; resolve employee concerns with compassion and follow-through
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or a related field
- 5+ years experience in an HR Business Partner or similar HR role
- Applied knowledge of recruiting, HR tech tools, and reporting via data & analytics
- Demonstrated experience in engineering organizations is an advantage
- Resourceful and self-motivated with the ability to work in changing environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fluent in English
- Energetic and outside the box thinker
- Flexible team player
- Analytic and tech-savvy
- People and service-oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast.
Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
- Work permit needed:
- European Union