- Posted: 18 June 2021
- Closing date: 16 September 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic.
To do so, we need to do the right things and to do things right - complying with appropriate standards and policies and avoiding incidents causing injury or damage.
You contribute by being responsible for:
- Leading the way towards quality and compliance with appropriate standards and policies
- Developing comprehensive ways towards management of change and continuous improvement
- Driving our incident-free ambition and propagating a culture of safety
You will have succeeded when:
We reliably deliver quality projects, being nimble in our dynamic surroundings while not compromising on quality or safety.
“At The Ocean Cleanup, we are driven to achieve a positive impact on our oceans. We believe anything is possible, but we need to continuously improve our performance. Are you that professional with passion and drive, as well as the peace of mind to make us see how we can do things (even) better? ” Lonneke Holierhoek, Director of Science & Operations
The Quality, Health and Safety Manager is placed in the Department of Science & Operations, servicing the various projects and departments in the organization. The Quality, Health and Safety Manager reports to the Director of Science & Operations.
The Quality, Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive management systems and procedures to support quality, health, and safety in our projects and provide training and support to all crew members on these topics. The Quality, Health and Safety Manager will work to meet the needs of our partners or funders regarding quality, health and safety, and social affairs. She/he is also responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance to the Quality Management System developed towards a Chain of Custody certificate for the collected ocean plastic used in applications. In addition to this, they will drive a culture of safety, adequately addressing management of change and defining standards for quality control of outsourced manufacturing and operations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing compliance with the QMS and applicable standard for Chain of Custody (valid for our Ocean Plastic)
- Driving the culture of safety and embed management of change protocols in activities and operations
- Supporting the Head of Manufacturing and the Head of Outsourced Operations by appropriate standards on Quality Assurance and Quality Control with our (international) execution partners
- Defining minimum requirements to comply with appropriate standards and policies as required by our Partners and Funders
- Safeguarding compliance on internal policies, on topics varying from waste management, sustainability, and social impacts
- Master or Bachelor degree in Process Engineering or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in a matrix organization, facilitating quality assurance, quality control in production or manufacturing, health and safety, or compliance management
- Experience with various project management methods involving delivering technological products
- Knowledge of adhering to (Social) Policies in a global value chain
- Fluent in English
- Experienced in Chain of Custody applications is a plus
- Natural leadership qualities, inspirational management style
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Ability to venture outside well-traveled paths
- Result-driven and self-motivated, also in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Excellent communication skills
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union