- Posted: 21 June 2021
- Closing date: 19 September 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. The Ocean Cleanup is a non-profit organization and fully dependent on donations and partnerships to secure the resources it needs to fulfill its mission. Our ambition is a big one, and it requires big thinking and action to achieve it. The Head of Partnerships is responsible for securing the funding, capabilities, and resources required to realize our mission via scale partnerships with corporations and other organizations who wish to join our mission. This role reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with all other teams within The Ocean Cleanup organization.
“The Head of Partnerships role provides the opportunity to harness the power and resources of global companies, consumers, and other organizations to advance the mission of The Ocean Cleanup”
Dan Leahy, Chief Development Officer
The Head of Partnerships is responsible for setting the strategy and targets for all corporate and other partnerships and overseeing their execution and delivery to support the fulfillment of our mission.
- Setting strategy and targets; development and implementation of annual plan.
- Constructively lead and manage the interface between The Ocean Cleanup and our partners in line with the terms of our agreements, resulting in maximizing value for both parties.
- Lead and develop the partnership management team (forecast 3 FTEs in 2021) to create value to drive our mission.
- Develop and refine our partnership model to maximize the value of resources secured for The Ocean Cleanup.
- Expand and use our existing network to identify funding and partnership opportunities.
- Lead the sales cycle for multi-year scale partnerships from initial contact to completion and execution.
- Develop and deliver a structured approach to local partner engagements.
- Set the terms for the Business Development and Procurement teams in partner development and engagement, and support them in the execution of their partner activities.
- Ensure that The Ocean Cleanup story is consistently executed within its guidelines via partner activations.
- Protect the integrity of The Ocean Cleanups' story as it increases its reach and engagement with an expanding audience.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree
- At least 15 years of work experience – including business development and strategic and in-market consumer brand leadership
- Ability to negotiate and close scale partnerships
- Experience in setting up and managing large contracts
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- Experience and ability to work with a diverse set of partners and companies
- Fluent in English
- Experience in having worked on global brand properties and in global corporate organizations at a senior level
- Experience in scale-up technology organizations
- Strategic thinker
- Commercially astute and driven
- Understanding of global brands and consumers
- Excellent relationship network – building and maintaining relationships
- In-depth understanding as to how global corporations operate
- Ability to influence
- Strong communication skills and ability to sell a vision
- Have the presence, composure, and ability to negotiate successfully at C-level
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Team player, diplomatic
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Applications can be directed to Executive Search Agency SRI, Ms. Apoorva Tyagi at TOC-HOP@sri-executive.com on or before August 20,
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union