- Interviews started
- Posted: 06 November 2019
- Closing date: 04 February 2020
MISSION TO METRICS
Our finance team supports our mission by providing (cash) planning, solid controls, smooth administrative processes, reliable reporting to funders, tax compliance and financial transparency for planning & decision support. We need control, but no red tape.
We are looking for an exceptionally bright financial accountant with the “full suite” of expertise on accounting and tax. The Finance Manager will focus on our financial streams, ensure reliable reporting, manage key financial and administrative processes and provide input supporting decisions and business model development by team leads and the MT.
"We are proud to have a finance team that is nimble, fast and well organized. It supports the deployment of our systems and provides funders with highly professional interaction without being “corporate”. This is truly a great opportunity if you want to make a difference for the planet and learn lots as our projects and support base become increasingly global." - Jos Huijbregts, CFO
- Manage the finance team consisting of 2 FTE (excl. the head)
- Leading the team's daily and monthly accounting work processes
- Organize financial processes for 6 entities in the Netherlands and USA (incl. accounting for donations, payables, payroll, cash, expenses, VAT) using Oracle Netsuite.
- Provide reliable, clear and standardized monthly management reporting with relevant analysis and projection of income, costs, FTE development and cashflow forecasts.
- Create and monitor project budgets and forecasts to ensure that all large expenditures are properly planned and financed.
- Plan and coordinate the annual report and audit in the Netherlands and USA.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (incl. ANBI, Corporate Tax, VAT tax, US filings) and communicate with our advisors.
- Work with project and procurement managers to ensure financial control over projects
- Proven academic excellence; (Executive) Master’s degree with a financial focus (RA / RC / CA / CPA / CIMA or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of finance experience in a fast moving, goal driven organization
- Proficient in English, basic knowledge of Dutch is helpful
- Affinity with engineering, offshore and/or the Ocean matters
- You are in the top 10% of your peers; you have excelled academically and/or otherwise
- You combine high professional standards with practical and efficient solutions
- You are fast learning, self-starting and pragmatic
- You are strong-minded but will pivot if the situation requires
- You have strong communication and organizational skills
- You thrive in a high-paced, hands-on, entrepreneurial and international environments
- You go into relentless detail where needed, but keep going back to the perspective of our overall mission
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union
Interviews have started, but please feel free to apply, as we might consider new applications.