- Posted: 02 June 2021
- Closing date: 31 August 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. To do so, we design, develop, and deploy cleanup systems to stop plastic from reaching our oceans by intercepting it in rivers. As Head of Business Development, you will enable a fast global scale-up of innovative solutions for plastic extraction in rivers. This includes developing creative deal structures, operating- and business models, based on strong client/partner propositions across the globe.
“The best part of working at The Ocean Cleanup is that you’re continuously making an impact and working towards a better world. This role is focused on one goal: cleaner oceans – through the creation of new deployment opportunities for extraction solutions across the globe. This unique role allows you to combine professional qualifications with a purposeful job.” – Ewout Eelkman Rooda, Director Rivers
The Rivers team is scaling up the deployments of our technology to intercept plastic before it reaches the ocean. As Head of Business Development, you will lead a diverse team, tasked with creating opportunities and consortia for the deployment of plastic extraction solutions across the globe. You will focus on the front end of system installations before handing them over to Operations. Building on strong public and private partnerships, your team enables the fast scale-up of these projects.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing the Business Development team
- Owning the development and implementation of an ambitious scale-up plan
- Sourcing local funding for our deployments
- Playing an active role in strategy formulation for the Rivers team
- Managing contract negotiations
- Setting up and managing consortia creation partnerships
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience, in an international business development role in a technical industry, working with partners and consortia
- Extensive team leadership experience
- Academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Proven experience to realize extensive contracts with governments
- Ability to manage and lead a pipeline of opportunities from ideation to successful delivery
- Fluent in English, other languages are helpful
- Top 10% amongst your peers in terms of people management and commercial delivery
- Leader and teambuilder
- Strong people skills
- Global citizen with a proven track record in international deal closing
- Results-driven, self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Willing to travel abroad
Applications can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Victorine van Manen stating ‘Head of Business Development' before June 1st 2021.
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations, rather than that of a commercial entity.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union