- Posted: 07 December 2020
- Closing date: 07 March 2021
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. The Ocean Cleanup is a non-profit organization and fully dependent on donations and partnerships to fund its mission. The Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the strategy and plans to secure support from individual donors as part of our overall fundraising efforts to enable the delivery of our mission.
The Digital Fundraising Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing the strategy, plan, and programs for individual donors to support our overall fundraising efforts to enable the delivery of our mission. In addition, s/he will play a role within the fundraising and partnerships team, contributing to the overall strategy development and execution of plans.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop the digital fundraising & direct donations strategy and annual plan as part of the overall The Ocean Cleanup funding and partnerships plan.
- Develop and implement funding campaigns for specific projects by utilizing both non-profit fundraising strategies and business strategies, and managing projects to completion.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed direct donation targets on an annual basis.
- Build upon concepts of current direct donation programs and use a data-driven approach to find areas of improvement. Deliver analysis of funding channels and pipeline to help drive decisions on future fundraising projects.
- Relationship management and development to engage with potential funders and partners in order to leverage all appropriate opportunities to develop strong and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Donor database management, ensuring quality input of new data, and cleaning up of past data.
- Collaborate with internal departments to manage direct donation projects and key deliverables from each team.
- Process and capacity building: Contribute to the development of the organization’s approach, capacity, and capability to meet its funding needs. E.g. funding proposition development, improving processes and monitoring, and high-quality financial / impact reporting.
- At least 5 years of proven fundraising experience with a track record of interacting with donors and executing campaigns/fundraising projects, with a particular focus via digital channels.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong project management skills. Need to conduct multiple campaigns.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Fluent in English
- Master or bachelor's degree
- Experience with Salesforce
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced, international, and highly challenging environment
- Commercial hunger
- 'Can do' and positive disposition
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, structured, flexible
- Creative and data-driven
- Team player and diplomatic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Curious to hear how it is to work at The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to our team members explain their work in our podcast. Available on Spotify and all other podcast platforms.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union