- Posted: 10 June 2019
- Closing date: 08 September 2019
MISSION TO METRICS
To rid the world's oceans of plastic we are highly dependent on the support of our community. As the Communications intern, you will help improve our relations with external stakeholders. You will have succeeded once improvements have been executed to spread our mission.
“Communications as a discipline has a unique and central role at The Ocean Cleanup. Our main task is to oversee the day-to-day management of one of our most important assets: our brand; an attractive promise that is driving funding and buy-in from stakeholders globally. We are looking for top talent to join us in the exciting work to continuously uphold and improve our image. Professional warning: some level of craziness may be required!”– Joost Dubois, Head of Communications
As part of the Communications team, you will work alongside the Community and Stakeholder Manager to execute and improve how we manage relationships with external stakeholders. Your main assignment will be to manage and find ways to improve everyday community engagement through email and social media.
The Communication Intern will also investigate and implement improvements in the processes behind community management, for The Ocean Cleanup’s external communication in general, to make our followers more aware of our progress and plans through all our communication channels and more inclined to spread our mission.
The internship is a (near) full-time position, which will require training from, and interaction with, the communication team.
- Ongoing study in fields such as communications, media or marketing
- (Near-) native English language skills (including written). Other language skills are a plus
- Previous experience in social media management, customer relationship management, CRM tools, PR or communications is a plus
- Quick learner
- Great communicator and writer
- Willingness to take responsibility and lead a project
- Curiosity to learn and understand the details about the technology and project
- Ability to translate complex information into simple yet comprehensive FAQs
- Able to sell our mission
- Works efficiently and independently
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
- Starting from:
- Summer 2019, for 6 months
- Work permit needed:
- European Union