Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Posted: 17 May 2023
- Closing date: 15 August 2023
MISSION TO METRICS
The mission of The Ocean Cleanup is to develop advanced technologies to rid the world’s oceans of plastic. Our Finance team supports this effort by providing cash planning, solid controls, smooth administrative processes, reliable reporting to funders, tax compliance, and financial transparency for planning and decision support. We need control but no red tape.
“We’re a lean, mean Finance machine that supports the wider organization. It can be challenging as we grow, but we continue to find ways to adapt by introducing structure and simplifying processes. This job is perfect for a flexible finance professional with an eye for detail, but who never forgets the big picture. Experience is great, but the ability to learn quickly on the job is critical as things move fast here!” - Joy Gao, Finance Director.
We are seeking an adaptable Accounts Payable Coordinator who can grow with our team and the organization. The right candidate will support the Financial Controller Jr and Accounts Receivable Coordinator, focusing on seamless administrative processes, accuracy in allocating costs, and timely delivery of accounting data.
Your responsibilities include:
- Processing supplier invoices and all other expense transactions
- Identifying and proposing accruals, cost corrections, and intercompany allocations
- Liaising with external suppliers on payments and issues
- Assisting with daily operational tasks and answering queries directed to the Finance team inbox
- Performing monthly and annual closing procedures, including reconciliations
- Identifying and delivering improvement projects with the team
- Sharing information concerning AP function with the Procurement team
- Assisting in preparing documents for audit and communicating with external auditors
- Structuring accounting work processes: clean, nimble, effective, and professional
- Supporting the Finance team in ad-hoc tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- Working experience with general accounting is a plus (0-3 years)
- Proficient in English and Dutch
- Fast and effective with Microsoft Office (Excel is a must!), accounting software, and CRM software
- Basic PowerBi knowledge is an advantage
- You are adaptable and flexible to change but like to seek structure
- You are a fast learner who is proactive and pragmatic
- You have great attention to detail because accuracy is key to useful, high-quality data
- You thrive in a high-paced, international environment
- You have an intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful mission
Please note: because we are a non-profit, our salaries reflect that of an organization fully reliant on donations rather than that of a commercial entity. Conducting a pre-employment check is part of our recruitment process.
Curious to hear how it is to work in the finance team of The Ocean Cleanup? Listen to Joy Gao, Finance Director, sharing some experiences in our podcast.
- Starting from:
- Work permit needed:
- European Union